The session would have been valuable for anyone trying to grow their organization, but it had a particular focus for family business.
Every business wants a unique competitive advantage, but often confuses this with differentiation. In a family business, the family name can be a truly sustainable competitive advantage (unique benefit…sticky…hard to copy).
“Familiness” is a unique bundle of resources a particular company has because of the interaction of the family, its individual family members, and the business with one another.
Why Branding Matters?
- Your Brand Promise declares who you are.
- Gives clarity and cohesion to the buying experience.
- Gives differentiation and positioning.
- Lowers sales resistance – speeds up sales cycle.
- Can create trust and relationship.
- Reflects pricing strategy.
- Recreates reputation – brand needs to be reflected in pricing.
- Adds value to balance sheet.